We often buy things that make us think we need a large vehicle to transport it from Point A to B. Overestimation in vehicle size can lead to a higher price for you as a customer. To help you save money, let’s look at the situations where we would choose a pick-up truck over a cargo van and vice versa!
When should you order a pick-up truck?
- When the weather is nice and no rain is expected.
- When something is extra tall or wide, a pick-up truck bed is better suited for this kind of task (elliptical, king-sized mattress and box-spring)
- When you buy boxed furniture from IKEA, Costco or any other store.
- When you need to transport a single item (couch, laundry machine, dining set, patio set or garbage to a processing station)
When should I get a Cargo Van?
- When rainy or snowy weather is a concern.
- When you do a one-bedroom or condo move.
- When transporting valuable things, like large paintings, antique furniture, or lots of electronics.
- When direct sunlight for extended time is a concern for cargo.
To summarize, pick-up trucks are extremely capable in transporting those awesome couches that you found on Kijiji or a new purchase from IKEA. If you still don’t know whether you need a van or a pick-up truck feel free to contact us at email@example.com or +1 (855) 999-9053 and we will gladly help you in selecting the right vehicle for your needs!
The Fetchit Team.